Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Last Man Standing - Review

To answer the title that will be the only one left watching this sit-com after awhile. That is not fair it may have more than that watching but… it is formulaic & contrived with forced laughter and over the top straight characters.

Tim Allen's character is the same as his Home Improvement character with sports instead of tools to obsess on. The exception to that is that on Home Improvement HE was the over the top character. Laughter came from him and peoples reaction to him. on Last Man Standing other characters are over the top and he just delivers one liners about them. While occasionally funny, as one liners are, that is thin to base a series on.

Nancy Travis brings a stability with the same character she was in Becker and The Bill Engvall Show. The actors playing the children are solid but that is not enough to save a thin concept and writing to match.

Just to make sure I am not overly critical I will continue to watch this season and read other reviews. If I change my mind I will update, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment